WARNING – SCAM ALERT: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS)
NMEDA has learned that a third-party company, Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS), is targeting conference exhibitors/attendees with a fraudulent travel and hotel booking scheme. The company is calling and/or emailing conference exhibitors/attendees and falsely claiming it is the “official” housing bureau and/or authorized by NMEDA to book hotel and/or travel accommodations for the conference. This is entirely FALSE.
NMEDA is not affiliated in any way with EHS. The company makes a number of FALSE and FRAUDLENT claims about the conference designed to obtain your credit card information, including:
- There are issues with your hotel reservation for the conference
- The hotel room rate for the conference has increased and/or rooms are running out and must be booked with EHS as soon as possible
- Hotel rooms for the conference can only be booked through EHS
- That EHS can get you a cheaper room rate than the conference organizers
- Hotel rooms for the conference are sold out and that they can help find you alternatives hotels.
Please be aware that this is a SCAM designed to obtain your credit card information and/or make phony charges to your credit card. Please exercise extreme caution when contacted by EHS. The EHS representatives are extremely pushy and prodding. DO NOT give this company your credit card number, personal information, or any details about your hotel reservation because you could incur substantial credit card charges (cancellation fees, service fees, etc). Additionally, the hotel room reservations are never made and you are left without hotel reservations for the conference.
NMEDA has not made any contracts with ANY outside company for hotel accommodations. The only service provider we work with is Shepard Exposition Services.
Please make your hotel reservations directly with the Omni at 1-800-THE-OMNI (1-800-843-6664).