Reaching Key Political Influencers in the Mobility Industry
NMEDA has established a federal Political Action Committee (PAC) to further the goals of NMEDA, including the Government Relations Program which focuses on the VA, Medicare and other third party providers. The PAC educates about the important of political activism and collects individual political donations which are combined into meaningful contributions to selected Congressman and Senators who support NMEDA’s causes in Washington, DC.
Listed below are several of the projects we have been working on:
- Establishing specific criteria based on QAP™ requirements for the selection of a mobility dealer to be used by the VA and other government agencies.
- Clarifying the use of the FSS System and policies regarding who is allowed to be on it based on their own rules.
- Establishing safety and quality relative to automotive mobility products and services over “lowest price” as a purchasing criteria by government agencies.
- Working with the VA Prosthetics Department, via the political process, to publish a new automotive handbook.
- Encourage investigations by congressional committees into the issues surrounding payment standards and processes.
You must fill out and return the Solicitation Authorization form to the NMEDA PAC before we can accept or solicit funds. Federal Election Commission regulations require corporate members of NMEDA to first provide NMEDA PAC with prior authorization before any individual can contribute or be solicited. You must fill out and return the Solicitation Authorization form before we can accept or solicit funds. Trade association PACs, such as NMEDA PAC, which have corporate members, must first receive permission from a member company prior to accepting or soliciting a PAC contribution. NMEDA members who have not already done so should download the Authorization Form from the link below and follow the instructions at the bottom of the form. Only primary contacts may sign the Authorization Form. A primary contact is defined as the representative of the corporation with whom NMEDA normally conducts activities. A primary contact does not have to be the corporation’s president or owner if he/she is not the primary representative. Note: A corporation may not approve a solicitation by more than one trade association for the same calendar year. Please do not send in any contributions until you have returned the signed Authorization Form. Any contribution to NMEDA PAC must be accompanied by a contribution form which will be sent to you upon receipt of your company’s signed Authorization Form.
Download and Sign Solicitation Authorization:
DISCLAIMER: Contributions to NMEDA PAC are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions to NMEDA PAC are for political purposes and all contribution are voluntary. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. NMEDA PAC will not favor or disadvantage anyone by reason of the amount contributed or the decision not to contribute.