National Mobility Awareness Month Resources
What is National Mobility Awareness Month?
Starting this year, the month of May is recognized as National Mobility Awareness Month (NMAM). The purpose of this declaration is to bring attention to and show the world how people with disabilities can live an active, mobile lifestyle. Supported by national spokesperson, Mike Savicki, and utilizing the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association network of members, the goal of National Mobility Awareness Month is to educate the public that:
- People with disabilities constitute the 2nd largest minority in the United States.
- Over 18 million people in the U.S. and Canada have mobility issues.
- 6 million of those are veterans.
- There are mobility equipment manufacturers, dealers, driver rehabilitation specialists and other professionals in your community dedicated to improving the lives of people with disabilities.
- Automotive mobility solutions are available for people with disabilities enabling them to enjoy active, mobile lifestyles