The Nominations Committee has prepared a slate of candidates for the open positions on the Board of Directors for the upcoming term. The committee has worked diligently to prepare a slate that the membership will feel confident in and that will help NMEDA in reaching the goals outlined in our business plan. All nominees were contacted to verify their willingness to serve on the Board of Directors. As NMEDA moves forward, it is our hope that you will consider your role in NMEDA and become actively involved in the association.
IN ADDITION: There is one recommended change from the Bylaws Committee that you will also be asked to vote upon. The proposed change would allow no more than one representative from a company to serve on the Executive Board at any time.
- Votes will be cast online.
- You will need to log in to the Member Portal (below) by entering your user name and password. (Note: If you do not have your user name you may obtain it by calling 800-833-0427).
- Select your candidates on the form and hit “Submit”.
- All Dealer members may vote for the At Large Representatives.
- After submitting your vote, you will be directed to a “thank you” page. No other confirmation will be provided to indicate you have voted. If you would like to confirm your vote, please e-mail NMEDA at email@example.com.
- Voting will end December 31, 2017.
The results will be publicized prior to the conference so that newly elected board members will know in advance and be present for Board Orientation and the announcement at the conference.
By direction of the Bylaws, the Nomination Committee presents the following Slate of Candidates for your vote.
NMEDA Board of Directors: (view bios)
- President: Chad Blake (incumbent)
- Treasurer: Jud DeMott (incumbent)
- Representatives at Large: (2 positions) Christian Quandt (incumbent) and Eric Mansfield (incumbent)
- Manufacturer Representative: Kevin McMahon (BraunAbility) and Chuck Fortinberry (Revability)
NMEDA Canada Board of Directors:
- President: David Parton (Mobility in Motion)
- Treasurer: Jay Mageau (Eco Medical)
- Representatives at Large: (2 year term) Ed Stang (CanAm Mobility)
- Professional/Associate Representative: Tamalea Stone, OT (Drive On)
Proposed Bylaws Amendment:
ARTICLE IV QUALIFICATIONS: BOARD OF DIRECTORS, EXECUTIVE BOARD, AND OFFICERS
Section 1 – All officers and members of the Board of Directors shall be members in good standing of the Association. All officers and directors shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Only No more than two representatives from any company or subsidiary may serve on the Board of Directors at one time. No more than one representative from any company or subsidiary may serve on the Executive Board at one time.
The Bylaws committee believes the Executive Board should be comprised of individuals from different companies.