Conducting Wheelchair Transportation Assessments Courses
For Health Professionals
Earn 1-3 Contact Hours** (plus a free meal!)
The Conducting Wheelchair Transportation Assessments (CWTA) course is a Continuing Education course for health professionals. The CWTA course is available in two convenient formats. The Lunch and Learn version is approximately 1.5 hours, is accredited by AOTA, ADED, and the CCMC for 1.0 CEU, and is usually scheduled around a noon meal. The Regional version is approximately 3.5 hours, is accredited by AOTA, ADED, and the CCMC for 3.0 CEU, and is usually scheduled either as a morning or afternoon session with a meal or snack.
*Contact Hours are earned with AOTA, ADED, and CCMC**
All Lunch & Learn and Regional Trainers are experienced mobility equipment professionals who have successfully completed NMEDA’s CWTA Lunch & Learn Trainer or Regional Trainer Certification process.
- Participants will be able to identify appropriate vehicle modifications for wheelchair & scooter access
- Participants will be able to discuss appropriate equipment for occupied wheelchair & scooter tie downs.
- Participants will be able to identify appropriate equipment for transporting unoccupied wheelchair & scooters.
- Participants will be able to refer to relevant safety guidelines and standards.
- Participants will be able to identify available sources to assure the most effective wheeled mobility transportation outcomes.
Benefits: (what to expect during the approximate 1-3 hour training)
- Useful info and live demos of automotive mobility solutions for your clients.
- .1-.3 AOTA CEU (1-3 contact hours) at NO COST to you!
- Networking opportunities with other healthcare and mobility professionals.
- All of this in a convenient 1.5-3.5 hour scheduling format.
- FREE LUNCH! (or breakfast/snack at some locations)
** The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
July 26, 2016 (11:30am – 1:00pm)
Location: Legacy Salmon Creek Pediatric Rehabilitation
2121 NE 139th Street, Sid A, Suite 200
Vancouver, WA 97686
Activity Cancellation by the Provider
The Provider (NMEDA) reserves the right to cancel the course due to unforeseen/unavoidable circumstances at any time. Any tuition fees will be refunded in full. However, NMEDA will not be responsible for nonrefundable airline and hotel reservations that a participant incurred due to cancellation of the course. NMEDA reserves the right to change a course date, location or instructor.
With this in mind, we recommend that you include a cancellation clause when booking your flight or hotel reservations, or refrain from making the reservations until 1 week prior to the scheduled training.
Activity Cancellation by the Attendee
No refunds or transfers will be issued for course cancellations made by the attendee unless sufficient written notice is given.