New Online Resource available FREE for NMEDA Members
In response to Dealer member requests we have put together a free online resource for you, the Make Inoperative Module (MIM). This 20-minute online course will help you better understand NHTSA Make Inoperative Exemption regulations and paperwork requirements. Kristen Clevidence, QAP™ Coordinator at NMEDA, narrates this course and shows you specific examples from the following topics:
- How to register with NHTSA to use the Make Inoperative Exemption
- Common issues, questions, and non-exempt items
- How to properly use the Make Inoperative Forms and Labels & find documents
Registration and Payment Details
(READ BEFORE REGISTERING)
Click the REGISTER ONLINE link below to begin the registration process. You will be directed to to the NMEDA Member Portal.
If your company is a NMEDA Member you MUST log in to the Member Portal in order to register for the course. If you do not know your login info, ask your administrator or select “Download Form” to register below. Non-NMEDA Members may simply register for the course by downloading the registration form.
- Once you log in and/or begin the registration process, you will be taken to the My Events page where you will see a list of events you have signed up for in the past, if any. Bypass this list and click on Register for Another Event.
- Select “Make Inoperative Module” from the list of available training courses and events. (Or you may elect to take the “Test Only” option, which includes the test only with no lecture slides.)
- Fill out each piece of information asked in order during registration. It is important that you accurately enter the TRAINEE’S information as the “Attendee”, including their name, individual email, etc.
- Follow the instructions to complete the check out process on the NMEDA Member Portal.
- NMEDA will then send an email to each attendee/trainee registered. This email will contain a unique link they may use to take the online course. This link may be used ONLY by that individual trainee, since it tracks their progress, transmits the information back to your company’s record within our database and provides each trainee with a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Tutorial Info Sheets
Download and print our 1-page tutorials on how to register and find your current or past NMEDA Online Training Records.
Here’s what happens after a trainee has been registered for the course:
- The trainee will receive an email immediately after registration. This email will contain their unique training link, plus a user ID and password to access the link in the future. This email should be retained for future reference.
- They may log in to their unique training link and “launch” the course. They will begin the course at a “Where do you want to go?” landing page.
- When the trainee finishes the course, they will take the quiz at the end—it’s open book. The quiz must be taken in one session.
- If the trainee needs to come back to the course or to retake the quiz they can follow the same email link and use the “Where do you want to go?” landing page.
- If the trainee passes the quiz, they will automatically be emailed a digital certificate. We will not send a hard copy certificate, but the record will be stored online in our Member Portal.
- Course results, including score and certificate expiration date for each trainee, will be updated in the company’s record within 24 hours after completion.
- If the trainee does not pass the quiz the first time, they may log in and take the quiz again in one session.