Change Text Size:
  • A A A
  • Rehabilitation Specialists

    If you or a loved one is in a wheelchair and want to start driving, you’ll need to contact a professional Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialist (CDRS) who will evaluate your needs and provide you with a prescription for mobility equipment.

    A CDRS, with knowledge of your specific medical and visual conditions, can provide a comprehensive evaluation and help you determine your safe driving potential.

    An assessment should include:

    • Vision
    • Perception
    • Functional ability
    • Reaction time
    • Behind-the-wheel evaluation

    A CDRS will also provide the required training that you may need to effectively and safely drive a modified vehicle.

    To locate a Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialist in your area, contact The Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists, 2425 N. Center St., #369 Hickory, North Carolina 28601 or visit www.aded.net. Call 828-855-1623, 866-672-9466 toll free in the United States and Canada.