Innovative Designs of Tomorrow Moving Us Forward Today
With technological advancements making strides in transportation, it’s comes as no surprise that we’ve made mobility more futuristic than before… not to mention fun! Concept and design of future furnished wheels is progressing to provide wheelchair users with greater functionality and style:
- TEK Robotic Mobilization Device (RMD) – Paraplegics and people with disabilities can move around in a standing position, providing better cardiovascular health, the ability to make eye-to-eye contact and the independence to reach high and low heights.
- Mountain Trike – This is truly an all-terrain wheelchair allows you to venture out around town or into the countryside, the beach, down muddy tracks, over grass, or along cobbled streets, gravel driveways and even through snow.
- Greathouse Labs Wheelchairs & Mobility Devices – Greathouse Labs can design and build a custom wheelchair to fit your lifestyle. They can even trick your chair to show off your personality.
- WHILL – Clamps onto the wheels of an existing manual wheelchair, turning it into a powered chair, reaching speeds of up to 12 mph.
- Permoveh – This multi-directional chair allows the driver to move forward and backward, side-to-side, and diagonally as well using a hand-held control system. Navigate through tighter spaces with ease and reach up to 3.7 mph.
- Cursum – Stroller for wheelchair users. The Cursum stroller concept aims to make life a little easier by adapting to use in tandem with a wheelchair. Swivel wheels, complete height adjustment, attention to comfort and visibility, and advanced safety features give parents added security and a little independence to an already challenging life experience.
For more info on future wheels:
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) is an advocate for mobility and accessibility for drivers with disabilities. If you need help with converting or buying a handicap accessible car, truck or van, please consider one of our mobility equipment dealers.