Course Description and Outline
This Lunch & Learn course contains a range of topics pertaining to personal automotive mobility solutions. It will assist the allied health care practitioner in understanding and advocating for individuals seeking automotive vehicle modification solutions, while also teaching practitioners about the unique process involved in evaluating and purchasing appropriate automotive options.
Continuing Education Provider: NMEDA
Target Audience: OT, OTA, PT, PTA, Case Managers, ATP, Students and Other Health Professionals
AOTA Classification Code: Category 2 Occupational Therapy Process,
Education Level: Introductory
National Accreditations: AOTA (.1 CEU), ADED (.1 CEU), CCMC (1 CEH), AKTA (1 CEH)
All Lunch & Learn Trainers are experienced mobility equipment professionals who have successfully completed NMEDA’s Lunch & Learn Trainer Certification process.
Hear what previous attendee, Jill Suess, has to say about the CAMS-HP Course
Learning Objectives and Outcomes:
- Understand and identify the unique process involved in researching, evaluating, selecting and purchasing automotive mobility solutions.
- Differentiate and list the key industry professionals and organizations involved with the automotive mobility equipment industry.
- Identify and list valuable resources to assist your patients in the available automotive transportation options.
- Understand and list the negative ramifications consumers/patients may face with poor awareness about this unique process in the automotive mobility arena.
- Identify and differentiate the pros and cons of various common automotive mobility solutions for accessible vehicles and adaptive equipment.
- Identify and learn how to establish a solid and positive working relationship with your local Mobility Equipment Dealer
- Useful info and live demos of automotive mobility solutions for your clients.
- .1 AOTA CEU (1 contact hour) at NO COST to you!
- Networking opportunities with other healthcare and mobility professionals.
- All of this in a convenient 1-3 hour Lunch & Learn format.
- FREE LUNCH! (or breakfast/snack at some locations)
Note: In order to receive certificate of completion, attendees must participate in the entire training, associated learning activities and tests. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply an endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Special Needs Requests must be communicated in advance to the organizer/instructor.
Activity Cancellation by the Provider
The Provider (NMEDA) reserves the right to cancel the course due to unforeseen/unavoidable circumstances at any time. Any tuition fees will be refunded in full. However, NMEDA will not be responsible for nonrefundable airline and hotel reservations that a participant incurred due to cancellation of the course. NMEDA reserves the right to change a course date, location or instructor.
With this in mind, we recommend that you include a cancellation clause when booking your flight or hotel reservations, or refrain from making the reservations until 1 week prior to the scheduled training.
Activity Cancellation by the Attendee
No refunds or transfers will be issued for course cancellations made by the attendee unless sufficient written notice is given.